The workshop will be a writing-intensive, four-week program for early-career writers who have a current work in progress that they would like to complete or polish. Each writer will focus on her/his/their individual work as well as read others’ work and provide feedback. Writers will greatly benefit from the supportive structure that a writers’ workshop creates.
Workshop participants will be mentored by accomplished, critically-acclaimed and award-winning writers. This is a great opportunity for novice writers to learn from established writers who are masters of their craft. Participants in the workshop will also be able to take advantage of and benefit from the vitality and diversity that a dynamic city like Johannesburg has to offer.
Each Writers’ Workshop Participant will receive:
- Accommodation at JIAS’ private residence.
- Daily meals.
- An intensive and immersive creative experience.
- Mentorship from an established and accomplished writer.
- Open to African writers who work in Fiction (long and short form), Creative Non-Fiction, Playwriting, Screenwriting and Poetry.
How To Apply
To apply, submit the following required materials before February 1, 2022.
- A copy of your passport ID page
- One-page project proposal
- Writing Sample: Playwriting and Screenwriting (First 10 Pages of Script); Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction (5-10 Pages); Poetry (3-5 Poems)
For more information, visit JIAS Workshop
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.