The program aligns with calls for more diversity in technology, entrepreneurship and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence.
The key objective of the incubator program is to help Zambian women entrepreneurs or business owners who want to or are using digital technology to grow their business but lack the necessary support. The program is designed to provide targeted support in areas of business operations, digitisation and digital transformation, accounting and financial management. The outcome of the program is to support female-led entrepreneurial teams with training, mentorship and seed funding.
Successful applicants will begin their journey with a 3-month incubation program followed by a 6-month acceleration program for selected participants from the incubation program.
- Business Incubation – Three (3) months of learning experience in business management and operations;
- Personalised Mentorship – Personalised mentorship for all participants and their business needs;
- Access to legal, accounting, financial planning and tech support;
- Access to networking opportunities with fellow successful applicants and industry experts;
- Funding Opportunities – $10,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five (5) finalists from the incubation programme to assist with the implementation of technology in their businesses;
- Six (6) months ongoing support from Standard Chartered, BongoHive and a network of coaches and mentors to assist with go-to-market strategies and scaling-up for the top five (5) finalists;
- An opportunity to join BongoHive’s supportive Alumni Network.
They are seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds of women-led startup teams using digital technology as a key driver of innovation in business.
- The business owner must be a Zambian female founder or co-founder over 18 years of age and with an equal or majority stake;
- The business must be based and operating in Zambia;
- The business must already be using digital technology, or have a clear need to incorporate digital technology to enable their business to grow
- The business owner must be of Zambian nationality;
- The business must have been registered with PACRA for at least 3 months;
- The business owner may be seeking support for customer, product, and/or business model development;
- Key persons of the business (preferably 2 founders) must be available to undertake the 3-month incubation program from March to May 2022;
- The top 5 winners of the incubation program must be able to attend a 6-month acceleration program from July to December 2022.
- The prize fund is primarily for building digital technology and any balance to be used in the business.
How To Apply
Apply by January 16, 2022 to stand a chance of being selected to join this cohort.
For more information, visit SC WIT Incubator
Application Deadline: January 16, 2022
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.