Do you find it difficult in preparing an appropriate College Resume Template? If yes, then this informative article is for you.
A resume template for a college student or a recent graduate is a stepping stone to kick start his career with a reputed organization. An effective resume plays an instrumental role in getting the first interview call. Hence, your resume is expected to attract the attention of your prospective employer.
Most of the college students and also recent graduates underestimate the importance of a well-structured resume. Therefore, they face difficulty getting a job suited to their credentials and qualifications. There are certain rules that a candidate needs to practice while creating his/her resume.
Structure Of College Resume Template
A candidate shall highlight his contact information in the first section of the resume template. This will help the prospective employer to contact a suitable candidate via email or phone.
Educational Qualifications shall be mentioned after the contact details. Degrees attained and awards earned shall be highlighted in the Education section of the college resume template.
You can state your professional experience in this section of the resume template, provided you have worked in any organization while completing your graduation course.
It’s essential to include the responsibilities held and your achievements in the previous organizations. Additionally, internships and summer jobs can also be stated in this part of the resume template.
Computer skills and language skills are an added advantage therefore shall be included in the resume template. You can also enlist other skills related to the specific job or occupation.
Sample College Resume Template 1
A College resume template shall emphasize educational qualifications and the subject of specialization. State the university attended and the degrees attained along with the year of passing. This section needs to be followed by employment history.
Enlist the various positions held and tasks executed here. It is essential to mention your work experience as an intern in the experience section of the college resume template.
118, South Street
Clairemont, San Diego, CA
San Diego Management School
University of California
Master of Science in Business Administration May 2010
- Specialize in Human Resource management
- Member of HR clubs
University of San Diego
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, April 2007
- Financed my education expenses working as an IT intern for a San Diego based IT firm
- Ranked 4th out of 52 Students
ABC Limited, Rosemont, 2007
Summer Intern, Network Administrator
- Designed & supported the company’s network systems that included routers, VoIP systems, and switches
- Trained juniors for website linking by using IP based directory
- Supported project systems and media servers to function smoothly
- Helped project managers for completing the project within tight deadlines
LMN Technology LLC, La Mesa, 2004 – 2006
Network Systems Administrator
- Configured and tested backup servers & ensured connectivity with websites
- Trained junior network administrators to troubleshoot complex system issues
- Networking: Routers, VoIP, & Switches
- Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, FrontPage, Access & PowerPoint) & Symantec Firewall
- Operating systems: Windows PC & Linux
- Programming: Java, Perl, & Python
Personal Interests: Biking, Singing, avid reader of Technical topics.
Sample Resume Template 2
A College resume template shall emphasize academics records, work experience, and personal skills relevant to the job applied. An effective college resume template showcasing skills relevant to the job applied enhances your chance of getting an interview call.
Here is the example of a college resume template that you can use.
123, East Circle
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Customer-oriented approach and analytical problem solver
- Proficient in internet search techniques
B.S. in Business Administration, 2009
University of North Carolina
Ranked 1st out of 42 Students
UVW Communications International, LLC, Charlotte, 2008
- Carried out market research and estimated quarterly revenue target for the company
- Assisted in preparation of marketing plan for broadband internet connections in Charlotte
Pine Farm Inc, Pineville
Marketing Manager, 2005 – 2007
- Modified product classification and packaging methods that resulted in an increased profit margin by 5%
- Planned production activities and managed supply chain for 8 divisions of the company
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, FrontPage, Outlook & PowerPoint)
Personal Interests: Biking, Swimming, and reading management science books/magazines.