The program supports visits of internationally renowned scientists to institutions located in developing countries, especially those located in the Least Developed Countries (LDCs).
The objective of the program is to provide institutions and research groups in developing countries, especially those with limited outside contacts, with the opportunity to establish long-term links with world leaders in science and so help develop capacity-building in their country.
Under the program, prospective host institutions can invite internationally renowned experts in areas of science other than mathematics and physics to collaborate in research and training. The visiting expert will be expected to interact closely with faculty and students of the host institution with the aim of strengthening its existing activities and/or assisting in the establishment of new lines of research.
The visiting expert could also deliver lectures and seminars to research students, supervise students, conduct research and discuss future collaborative partnerships.
- TWAS will provide the Visiting Expert with the most direct economy class travel (round-trip) while the host institution is expected to cover local expenses.
- Only persons who have attained international recognition in their fields of science will be considered for support under this program.
- Nominations of women will be particularly welcomed.
How To Apply
Institutions wishing to be considered for this program must complete the online application form. While filling in the online application, the following documentation needs to be uploaded:
- brief CV of the Visiting Expert (maximum 10 pages) and list of publications;
- letter from the Visiting Expert detailing the research and teaching program with which he/she could assist at the host institute (template available in the online form);
- supporting statement from the head of the host institution (template available in the online form).
For more information, visit TWAS
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.