Do you find it difficult in preparing an appropriate IT Resume Template? If yes, then this informative article is for you.
An Information technology resume has to be created bearing in mind certain critical aspects. The only reason is the ever-changing technology and its application in a variety of business models & situations. Here are a few important tips to build an effective IT resume.
Elements Of An Effective IT Resume Template
Positions for IT professionals include computer engineers, developers, and scientists. These job positions are complex, therefore the candidate needs to explain his technical expertise in a detailed manner.
Important elements of high impact IT resume template include career objective, a summary of qualifications, technical expertise, professional experience, education, and contact details.
The core section of an IT resume template is the “technical expertise” section. The information highlighted in this section separates an IT resume from a standard resume template. You need to enlist your technical expertise here.
Additionally, it also includes the technologies you are familiar with. This may include an elaborate list of software programming languages, frameworks, concepts, and operating systems.
Mention the designation held and projects executed successfully in several companies you served earlier. It’s essential to state your role in the previous organizations briefly. Also, describe the functions performed that helped to the company to improve productivity and efficiency.
These functions may include managing software development projects, configuration and providing technical support, designing network security architecture, and many more.
List your educational background and degrees attained in the education section. Projects completed during graduation and notable achievements relevant to the post applied can be stated here. Also, highlight your professional affiliations and memberships.
A candidate shall highlight his contact information at the beginning of the resume template. The contact information includes the applicant’s name, postal address, phone number, and email address. This will help the prospective employer to contact the applicant via phone or email.
Do mention your career objective pertaining to the information technology profession. This would explain your vision and passion for the IT profession.
Sample IT Resume Template 2
An IT resume emphasizes the technical skillset of the candidate. It is, therefore, of prime importance to highlight your technical skills at the beginning of the resume.
123 Union City Rd,
Union City, NJ
Phone: (712) 123456
Cell no.: (984) 4789822
Objective: Seeking a software developer position that will hone my technical skills and contribute to the company’s success.
Databases: MS-Access, SQL server 2008
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 and UNIX
Software: MS Visual Studio, Adobe Photoshop, Windows NT 4.0, MS Office, MS Visual Studio
PQR Finance, Caldwell, NJ, Dec 2004 to present
- Responsible for developing XYZ.NET application tools and other website tools
- Led a team of 07 members to develop an XYZ.net product meant for finance professionals
- Worked with several web scripting languages and SQL server to develop XYZ.net product
- Coordinated with the marketing team to acquire customer feedback for the development of web applications
- The designed research area of a web-based application tool that facilitates users to customize their search
DEF State Medical, Livingston, NJ, 2003- 2004
Hands-on experience in maintaining databases and records of patients
- Maintained database of patients using MS Access
- Gathered and entered the billing information of patients
B.S. degree in Computer Science, Newark, NJ 2001 to 2004
Major: software development
State University of New Jersey.
Sample IT Resume Template 3
A Computer Science graduate seeking a job as a software engineer needs to create a professional resume. The technical skillset carries major importance in an IT resume. Hence, computer/technical skills need to be highlighted in an IT resume.
889 North Street,
Marshalltown, IA 15014
Phone: (123) 9852634
Objective: To obtain a position that utilizes my potential as a software engineer
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OSX and UNIX
Databases: MS-Access, SQL server 2008
Software: MS Visual Studio, Windows NT 4.0, MS Office, MS Visual Studio
Hardware: Installation of SIMM chips, hard disks, motherboards and printer configurations
ABC Systems, Eldora, IA, 2006 to present
- Responsible for transferring an extensive FilePro database to MS Access with the help of macros and VBA.
- Assisted in-house staff by troubleshooting PC and UNIX related problems
- Maintained and updated the MS Access database for the marketing department
LMN Systems Inc., Johnston, IA, 2005 to 2006
- Assisted in the creation and testing of new software and troubleshoot operating systems related problems
- Debugging program bugs and modifying programs with advancements
- Providing prompt technical support to in-house staff
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, – Des Moines, IA, May 2005
Major: Computer Programming and Analysis
University of Iowa