Do you find it difficult in preparing an appropriate Internship Resume Template? If yes, then this informative article is for you.
Getting an internship at a top-notch company is very essential. It not only gives you high-quality work exposure but also adds a component in your final resume. Since there is fierce competition to secure an internship, your resume needs to beat the competitors to get an interview opportunity for an internship.
Structure Of An Internship Resume Template
Necessary sections of an internship resume template include career objective, academic background, experience, notable accomplishments, skills, and contact details.
State your objective to obtain an internship in a top-notch company that belongs to your industry of interest. This section shall be followed by academic background and relevant experience.
Highlight the degrees attained and college attended in your graduation course. Also mention your specialization subject, area of expertise, and courses completed. Do not forget to include the projects, presentations, and papers submitted during the course.
Mention the job experience along with designation, organization name, and duration in this section of the internship resume template. It is one of the most important sections of your resume since it provides a prospective employer with the relevant skills that you have developed.
Enlist your notable achievements during college years in this section of the internship resume. This may include various honors and awards earned in several competitions held in your college. These honors relevant to your applied job may prove highly helpful in fetching you that internship.
Computer skills, foreign language skills, and any other job-specific skill can be inserted in this part of your resume template. For instance, computer science students will possess job-specific skills that resemble technical skills. These technical skills may include know-how of software programming languages, working in a specific technical environment, and many more.
Do list your contact information in the internship resume template; this would help the respective company to contact you for an internship experience.
Sample Internship Resume Template 2
123 Carson City Rd,
Phone: (212) 123456
Objective: To obtain an internship in a software development company to enhance programming skills and contribute to company growth.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to accomplish tasks
- Quick learner, extremely goal-oriented, innovative and can adapt easily to new situations
- Strong interpersonal skills to perform as a team member
- A resourceful team member to complete projects within stringent timelines
Technologies: 802.11 Wireless modulations
Hardware: Windows server 2008 and Linux
Software: SQL Server 2008, MS Office, MS Visual Studio
B.A. degree in Computer Science, 2006 – Present
Major: software development
University of Michigan,
Courses include programming and web development
ABC Stores, South Bend, Michigan August 2007 to present
- Assisted in developing creative store display layouts
- Achieved the quarterly sales goal by 15%
- Managed stocks of products and customer sales
DEF Retail Stores, Fowlerville, Michigan June 2006 to July 2007
Customer Service Representative
- Promoted new offers and programs for customers to increase sales
- Assisted customers to select from a variety of products
- Arranged and organized over 200 items on shelves.
Sample Internship Resume Template 3
123 Marion City Rd,
Marion, AL 12004
Phone: (245) 123456
Objective: To obtain an internship as a broadcast journalist with a well-established television channel
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication – Florence, AL, August 2009
University of North Alabama
Experience: XYZ News, News Anchor-Florence, AL, July 2008 – Present
- Worked as a newsreader for programs produced by university students
- Created stories & reports for events happening in and around the University Campus
- Edited news and feature stories for a weekly news show
ABC Media Ltd., Program Anchor-Montgomery, AL, Dec 2007 to June 2008
- Worked as an anchor for a travel show
- Assisted in editing travel show episodes using Adobe software
- Coordinated with cameramen and director for effective presentation of the show
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Skilled in developing stories & tracking breaking news
- Resourceful team player adept at different situations
- Fluent in French and Spanish
- Member of the American Journalist society, 2008-2009.