The Innovating Justice Challenge invites all startups that are transforming the justice sector to become part of our 2020 accelerator cohort.
Is your organization developing sustainable, scalable solutions to pressing justice needs? Are you creating access to justice, reducing inequality and unfairness? The Call for Innovations is now open: join the Innovating Justice Challenge 2020.
The Justice Accelerator is HiiL’s flagship innovation programme that funds, trains and scales a global cohort of justice startups each year. Since 2011, they have successfully funded, trained and scaled over 110 startups globally. They are the only accelerator world-wide dedicated to justice and SDG16.
With their annual Accelerator programme – the Innovation Justice Challenge – they look for innovative entrepreneurs that focus on:
- Preventing or resolving pressing justice problems
- Being people and user-centred, rather than system-centred.
- Reaching millions of people
Do you want to grow your game-changing justice innovation into an impactful business? Then the HiiL Justice Accelerator Programme is there for you.
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers you a 4 month long programme that provides you with:
- Training, peer learning, coaching and mentorship
- 10,000 EUR non-equity funding
- Access to a global network of justice institutions, impact investors, legal tech organisations and academics
- Potential investment opportunities
- International exposure (at the INNOVATING JUSTICE FORUM 2021)
The Innovating Justice Challenge invites the most promising justice startups from:
- East Africa
- West Africa
- Southern Africa
- Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
They are looking for startups that:
- Have products or services that prevent or resolve justice problems (e.g. help people to get access to legal services, work on removing barriers for people to access financial services, or get a registered identity, preventing (digital) fraud, tracking crime, etc.).
- Are already showing serious traction and measurable impact.
- Have a strong business model with the potential to become financially sustainable.
- Have the ambition and plan to scale across different markets.
- Are led by a strong team of experienced and inspiring founder(s).
How To Apply
Are you a game-changer that is ready to transform the justice sector?
Then join! Apply between 10 June and 5 August 2020.
For more information, visit HiiL Justice Challenge.
Application Deadline: August 5, 2020