The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Locations: Lagos, Kano and Kaduna
Recruitment Type: National (1–year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Drive IITA / Young Africa Works (YAW) Project vehicle in a safe and courteous manner to convey authorized staff, visiting partners etc. for project activities
- Ensures vehicle documents are up to date and comply with minimum security operating standards (MSOS)
- Provide timely report to the state administrative office and project administrator of the vehicle requiring maintenance service
- Record every trip detail in the vehicle logbook including filling of the monthly balance sheet
- Carryout daily maintenance of project vehicle (cleaning and regular check-up)
- Checks weekly vehicle schedule for the office (missions, transport needs), prepares necessary plans/arrangements and reports any changes
- Loading and unloading of goods into the vehicle and ensures their security and condition while in the vehicle
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’level with valid drivers’ license with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing related role in an international organization.
- Ability to speak in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skill (writing, speaking, and reading).
- Have ability to work with staff of different ethnic group and nationalities.
- Ability to travel long-distance.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click Here To Apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
- The application must include the Names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees (which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package).
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 4th November, 2021.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.