The BMZ African-German Leadership Academy is an innovative training and dialogue program that brings together early to mid-career professionals from Germany and its African partner countries namely, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Togo.
The program aims to develop leadership skills and enable joint knowledge creation and peer learning needed for sustainable development, in accordance with the objectives of Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The program is organised and hosted by the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The format of the dialogue and training program sees 25 participants from government institutions, think tanks and research institutions, civil society and the private sector. They all bring together their experience of and expertise in working in the area of sustainable development. Participation in the program also facilitates networking opportunities with German and European stakeholders from various sectors and with representatives from African institutions.
The BMZ African-German Leadership Academy is aimed at early to mid-career professionals from Germany and its African partner countries: Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Togo.
Potential participants of the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy should:
- be a national or permanent resident of one of the participating countries
- be 25 – 40 years old
- work on issues relevant for sustainable development and governance
- have at least three years’ work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognised)
- have the support of their employer (written support required as part of application)
- have a very good command of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR)
- be respectful of other cultures
- be open to teamwork, reflection and a broad variety of working methods
How To Apply
To apply to become a participant, you will need to submit the following documents in pdf format, via the application portal:
- Application Form Part I: Applicant’s statement – To be completed and signed by the applicant.
- Application Form Part II: Employer‘s statement of support -To be completed, signed and stamped by the employer.
- Diplomas – Copy of diploma or certificate (in English, French or English, or as a translation) of the highest professional qualification and/or university degree
- Passport – Copy of the main pages of your passport
- Language Certificates – Proof of English language proficiency (if available)
For more information, visit African Academy.
Application Deadline: November 26, 2021
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.