The Ashoka Young Changemakers is a carefully selected network of young people who have found their power to create change for the good of all and are ready to take on their role as youth influencers, peer allies and co-leaders of the global Everyone a Changemaker movement.
Ashoka identifies and supports the world’s leading social entrepreneurs, learns from the patterns in their innovations, and mobilizes a global community that embraces these new frameworks to build an “everyone a changemaker world.”
- There is no fee or cost to apply or participate in the Ashoka Young Changemaker program.
- Reimbursements are available for all candidates to cover panel related expenses like domestic travel, accommodation, and food. Candidates can also bring a parent or adult ally during the visit.
This opportunity is just for you if:
- You are under 20 years of age
- You are a Changemaker
- Your idea – You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
- Your team – You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead, helping them realise they can create positive change.
- Your world changed – You helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
- You want to co-lead the global Everyone a Changemaker movement
- You are a co-leader – You believe that everyone needs to take initiative and solve problems, everyone needs to find their power as changemakers. You are eager to help your peers and everyone in your school/community/country to find their power.
How To Apply
- Stage 1: Online Nomination & Screening
Nominate yourself or someone you know through the online form. Reflect on your journey as a Changemaker and access inspiring ideas to advance your initiative.
- Stage 2: National Review
Interact with the Ashoka team in your country. Learn more about the co-leadership opportunities for you to contribute and useful insights to help you accelerate the growth of your leadership and changemaking competencies.
- Stage 3: International Review
Interact with a Senior Leader from the Ashoka team and with young changemakers from their global network. Understand Ashoka better, and gain expert insights to advance your changemaking journey.
- Stage 4: Selection Panel
Attend an in-person discussion and selection panel, that would include top social entrepreneurs, journalists and other leaders. Meet other top young changemakers and discuss ideas to influence youth culture in your country and to co-lead the Everyone a Changemaker movement.
For more information, visit Ashoka
Application Deadline: Ongoing