AnitaBorg is planning their first-ever Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration (vGHC) in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region and they are excited to offer Student Scholarships.
To increase access for students, AnitaB.org is providing a limited number of complimentary vGHC EMEA registrations to attend the Celebration. Women who get selected as scholars gain access to AnitaB.org Premium Membership for one year, networking opportunities, and memories that will last a lifetime.
About the Grace Hopper Celebation EMEA
The Virtual Grace Hopper Celebration (vGHC) EMEA is more than a Celebration. It mobilizes the emergent Women’s Technology Movement to accelerate common cause, learning and capacity. As a result, they will have a stronger regional framework to promote equity, especially representation, pay, retention, funding and leadership toward building a world of inclusive technology.
With their goal to uplift and celebrate the diversity and power of all women technology leaders worldwide, they are thrilled to bring the legacy of GHC to the entire EMEA region. This includes women technologists most underrepresented in the tech field. Together, they look to provide technical training and career development opportunities to these women and their allies, as well as develop novel solutions for ethical and social responsibility issues in technology.
This Celebration will create a new network of advocates and allies with whom they can work year-round to strengthen the capacity of the entire corporate, educational and governmental technology ecosystem necessary for the success of EMEA women technologists.
- Applicant must demonstrate an interest in computer science and a desire to work in tech;
- Must be 18 years or older on May 25, 2021, and
- Identify as one of the following;
- Student enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college or university at the time of applying. Working toward a degree such as, but not limited to, computer science, electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, math, physics, or management information systems.
- Woman currently enrolled in a technical training program (e.g., coding boot camp or other accelerated coding program).
How To Apply
Applicants must note the following:
- Registration is not transferrable.
- Duplicate applications will not be reviewed.
- It takes about 15 minutes to complete the application.
For more information, visit AnitaBorg
Application Deadline: April 5, 2021