The Blueprint: Backing BIPOC Businesses, is a mentorship and grant program designed to support the advancement of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) business owners across Canada.
In 2021, 100 Blueprint recipients will take part in a comprehensive mentorship program designed to provide the tools, resources and community to help BIPOC entrepreneurs thrive – plus, recipients will receive a $10,000 CAD grant to help take their business to the next level.
Blueprint is powered by the DMZ, in consultation with BIPOC-focused community organizations across Canada. The Blueprint mentorship program is made possible by a grant from the American Express Foundation. Additionally, American Express Canada is contributing $1,000,000 in grants to be disbursed to the 100 selected participants.
Blueprint participants get access to:
- A 15-week curated mentorship and training program, delivered virtually, by subject matter experts and mentors.
- A community network of Blueprint participants from across Canada connected through small group training and social events.
- Online resources and learning materials designed to support the BIPOC small business community.
- A $10,000 grant to help unlock the next stage of their business growth.
To be eligible for Blueprint, an applicant must:
- Identify as a member of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community.
- Be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent resident of Canada, or Hold Current and Valid Authorization under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Be a founder, owner, or hold a senior position within a privately held, for-profit company, where the company is at least 50% owned by BIPOC owners or founders.
- Have a business incorporated in Canada, where the business is primarily operated and managed in Canada, with a maximum of $500,000 CAD in annual revenue.
- Your business must be currently active in the Canadian market or have been previously active in the Canadian market (i.e. made sales and/or have an existing customer base.
- Speak English or French fluently.
How To Apply
Submit your application by July 27, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
For more information, visit American Express Blueprint
Application Deadline: July 27, 2021
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.