The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African States and foster establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL targets to build capacity of 10,000 young calibers and support the establishment of 100 startups in gaming and app development across all Africa. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
- Game Development: Join this track if your startup team is working on game development, VR, or AR applications.
- App Development: Join this track if your startup team is working on specific App development using any technology. (Mobile, Cloud, Web, IOT, AI, .. etc)
- Three winners for each of the two tracks: USD 12K, 8K, 4K.
- The other top finalists will receive USD 1K each.
- A real-time online business planning training will be offered to finalists by IBM.
- Top Startups will be invited to join the “Startup with IBM” program through which they can get cloud credits to build and scale their solutions.
- Mentorship and coaching sessions from IBM experts to top winning startups.
- Applicant may be from any of the eligible African Countries:
- Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
- Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old.
- Team Size not Less than 2 Members.
- A Working Prototype at least is a Must.
The submitted applications as well as pitching will be judged on the 3 following areas:
- Business Model
- ICT Technology Role
- Team Experience and Integration
How To Apply
Register by October 31, 2021 in the AAL Cup and compete on $72K prizes.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.