Are you a graduate or non-graduate seeking for a job opportunity in Nigeria? If yes, here’s an opportunity for you. The Action Against Hunger is currently recruiting to fill the available positions. Read more details below;
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH PHP / NFI Assistant
Locations: Yobe (Bade and Potiskum)
Job type: Full Time
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: PHP / NFI Officer
Slot: 2 Openings
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Assist the PHP & NFI Officer in context assessment and developing materials for hygiene promotion:
- Assist the PHP & NFI officer in conducting home visits and visits to the community (schools, health facilities, etc.) to identify gaps in terms of hygiene, sanitation and use of water.
- Assist the PHP & NFI officer in preparing training modules for the promotion of hygiene in the communities.
- Assist the PHP & NFI officer in developing teaching tools adapted to different audiences, songs, role games, meetings, training courses.
- Assist in Identify targeted partners within the communities, schools, hospitals, clinics, etc.
Objective 2 – Carry out safe hygiene promotion and mobilize members of the beneficiary communities:
- Organize hygiene promotion awareness-raising sessions in health facilities and communities.
- Mobilize beneficiaries to adopt safe hygiene practices as promoted by the project (latrine construction, hand washing facilities, environmental cleanliness) in health facilities and communities.
- Assist the PHP & NFI officer in conducting training sessions for the health workers, volunteers and/or targeted populations.
- Write a weekly activity report.
- Propose possible improvements.
- Assist the PHP & NFI officer in the process of beneficiaries selection to receive NFI assistance.
- Assist the PHP & NFI officer in beneficiary registration.
- Assist the PHP & NFI officer to distribute NFI kits to registered beneficiaries.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Health, Hygiene and Sanitation field, or 1 year experience in related field.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in hygiene promotion in the health facility and community mobilization.
- Motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive one year relevant work experience.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English with Kanuri as an advantage.
- Previous experience of work in the humanitarian sector
- Good knowledge of the intervention area’s and local context
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger
Minimum Basic Salary
N156,995 Naira per month
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline: Friday, 31st July, 2020.