The Seedstars World Competition is the largest startup competition in emerging markets.
From June to November each year, the Seedstars team looks for the most promising early-stage startups from 90+ emerging markets that will receive intensive training on how to be investment-ready. They will take part in local, regional, and global stage competitions, but only one of them will be crowned as the Global Winner and receive a prize of up to USD 500,000 in equity investment. Who will it be this year?
If your startup is looking to learn from industry experts, network with the local ecosystem, achieve product/market fit and accelerate growth in your existing market, apply now to the Local Stage of the Online Seedstars World Competition 2020/21.
All accepted startups will receive:
- Online Seedstars Academy
- Access to Seedstars Mentor Network
- Local Networking & Visibility
Regional Stage Benefits:
- Investment Readiness Training
- 1-1 Mentor & Investor Meetings
- Regional Networking & Visibility
Grand Finale Benefits:
- Prize of up to $500,000 USD in equity investment
- 2-day Growth Bootcamp
- 1-1 Mentor & Investor meetings
- Global Networking & Visibility
- Open to technology startups, tech-enabled startups and/or early-stage companies;
- You already have a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and initial traction;
- Your startup received less than USD 1,000,000 in funding;
- You must have operations or be incorporated in the country/city you are applying
How It Works
- Local Stage: June – August 2020: Fully online, startups can apply from any part of their country to the nearest competition in their ecosystem. One winner per country will be to participate in the Regional Stage.
- Regional Stage: November – December 2020: Local Stage winners will compete on a regional level in a broadcasted pitch competition on Seedstars Life. Finalists will be selected based on their startup strength and scalability and will move on to the Grand Finale.
- Grand Finale: April 2021: Will bring together the winners of all five regional stages for in-depth entrepreneurial training and the opportunity to compete for the title of Global Winner and the prize of up to $500,000 USD in equity investment.
How To Apply
- Apply to the nearest local competition in the ecosystem where your startup has operations.
- The Seedstars team will evaluate all applications using a purpose-built algorithm – the Investment Readiness Score – to evaluate the viability of your startup.
- All applicants will receive their score and selection results by the end of August 2020.
For more information, visit Online Seedstars World Competition.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020