In partnership with the International Organisation of Employers (IOE) and the Business Advisory Group of Migration, Seedstars is looking at rewarding innovative early-stage Human Resources, FinTech, CivicTech and EdTech start-ups with solution-oriented products to improve migration systems that respond to labour market needs.
The solutions should assist with better matching of employment sectors facing skills shortages with trained regular migrant workers – ex-pats, temporary workers, seasonal workers, intra-company transferees. The solutions should also provide ways for governments to share information and best practices to improve their policies. Finally, they should provide migrant workers with access to financial, educational, labor mobility services.
- The winning startup will get a 3-months acceleration scholarship for Seedstars’ IRP
- The startup must be an existing solution under 4 years of existence (averagely 2 years old).
- The startup must be a pre-seed, seed, or early-stage start-up with a minimum viable product (MVP).
- Have a maximum of USD 500,000 of funding to date.
- Primary users of the product should be governments, employers and migrant workers.
How To Apply
- Application process opens: July 6, 2020
- Application process closes: August 25, 2020
- Finalists to be announced: September 2020
- Winner to be chosen: January 2021 Finalists will pitch for the prize during the 13th GFMD Summit, to be held in Dubai in January 2021.
- Winner to take part in Global Seedstars’ Summit 2021: April 2021
For more information, visit Seedstars Migration Challenge.
Application Deadline: August 25, 2020