Are you a graduate or non-graduate seeking for a job opportunity in Nigeria? If yes, here’s an opportunity for you. The Facebook Nigeria is currently recruiting to fill the available positions. Read more details below;
Facebook – Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Over 2 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger every month to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Facebook is defined by our unique culture – one that rewards impact. We encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. We work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating. The phrase “this journey is 1% finished” reminds us that we’ve only begun to fulfill our mission.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Public Policy Manager, Francophone Africa
Location: Nigeria or Senegal, Remote
Our Africa Public Policy team is seeking a Public Policy Manager who can contribute to its effort to work with all stakeholders to co-create an innovative technology policy environment in Africa. Candidates must be passionate about Africa and utterly convinced of the critical role technology plays in driving the continent’s socio-economic development. The successful candidate will be a public policy expert who can combine a passion for technology’s potential to create opportunity and to make Africa more open and connected, with deep knowledge of the political and regulatory dynamics across Francophone Africa.
The Public Policy Manager for Francophone Africa will become part of a team that is dealing with some of the most interesting public policy questions of our times. These include privacy, safety and security, investment in Africa’s broadband infrastructure, freedom of expression, taxation, the impact of the Internet on socio-economic development, and elections.
The culture of Facebook, one that reflects the diversity of people, ideas and beliefs of our Community, is one of the keys to our success. Facebook’s Africa Policy Team prioritises this and is seeking someone who will bring their authentic self to work every day, displaying an unshakeable belief in Africa’s future, its people, and the role Facebook apps have to play in validating the present and creating the future.
Public Policy Manager, Francophone Africa Responsibilities
- Build multi-stakeholder coalitions to help advance and support policies that facilitate innovation and technological development in Francophone Africa
- Inform and support Facebook’s connectivity agenda and capacity building programs across the region
- Work with Facebook’s Politics & Government team to promote the use of Facebook as a platform for citizen and voter engagement to policymakers, civil society and other political influencers
- Work with Facebook’s Safety and Policy Programs teams and external policy and civil society partners to create and implement country and regional policy programs
- Represent Facebook in meetings with policy makers, NGOs, academia, the private sector and other stakeholders
- Support the Africa Public Policy team on any other priority policy issues and programs
- Shape research that will support evidenced-based policy development in the region
- Communicate Facebook’s positions on key policy issues in public presentations to a wide range of audiences through print, radio, TV and online media
- Fluency in French and English and additional local language spoken in Francophone Africa like Wolof, Malinké, Bambura, Mossi, Miene, Kirundi
- A degree or advanced degree in a related field e.g public policy, law, politics, development studies, economics
- Significant demonstrated experience in legislation and/or government relations and advocacy
- Keen understanding of political systems and relevant policy and civil society institutions across sub-Saharan Africa – with a particular focus on the Francophone Africa region
- Excellent written and conversational in French and English (writing samples will be required)
- Excellent judgment, excellent communication and persuasive skills, creativity, perspective, the ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment
- Experience in policy engagement or development for government, multinational corporations or civil society institution
- Interest and ability to travel frequently (at least 50%) throughout Francophone Africa
- Fluency in technology and a passion for Facebook’s mission
- An advanced degree in a related field e.g Public Policy, Law, Politics, Development Studies, Economics
- Over 5 years of experience working on relevant policy issues, including internet governance, data privacy, human rights/free expression, taxation, net neutrality, child online protection, digital literacy
- Significant experience living and working in at least one Francophone Africa country
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply
Job Title: Head of Connectivity and Access Public Policy
Location: Nigeria, Remote
Job Type: Full time
Africa Public Policy team is seeking a new Head of Connectivity and Access Public Policy who can lead its ever-increasing connectivity engagements across Africa. Candidates must be passionate about connecting Africa’s unconnected and utterly convinced of the critical role connectivity plays in driving the continent’s socio-economic development.
The successful candidate will have a superior understanding of the challenges to broadband connectivity in Africa – availability, affordability, relevance and readiness. They must also have a strong track record of shaping connectivity policy across Africa in partnership with governments, the private sector, civil society, academia, and international development organisations.
Facebook is intent on working with partners to improve Africa’s ICT infrastructure, helping to increase and improve access to broadband internet. We’re seeking to build on the existing investments we’ve made on the continent that are helping millions connect. Applications from candidates with a track record of working on the physical roll-out of infrastructure projects are highly encouraged. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential, as are analytical skills, substantive experience working across and/or living in Africa, and extremely high levels of diplomacy.
The culture of Facebook, one that reflects the diversity of people, ideas and beliefs of our Community, is one of the keys to our success. Facebook’s Africa Policy Team prioritises this, and it’s seeking someone who will bring their authentic self to work everyday, displaying an unshakeable belief in Africa’s future, that of its people, and the role use of Facebook apps has to play in it.
This role is full-time and will be based in Nigeria. Travel is 60 – 70% of the time.
Head of Connectivity and Access Public Policy Responsibilities
- Support the development of Facebook’s connectivity policy positions
- Provide policy and regulatory guidance to Facebook teams working on connectivity infrastructure projects in Africa
- Identify, monitor, and analyze connectivity policy issues affecting Facebook at the Africa regional and country levels
- Lead the development of Facebook’s submissions to African governments’ consultations related to connectivity policy, legislation and regulation
- Advise Facebook teams on public policy matters in order to guide the development and roll-out of products, services and infrastructure
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships with African policymakers, as well as representatives of the private sector, CSOs, academia and development institutions
- Represent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders across Africa, including bilateral and multilateral fora
- Contribute to research that supports evidence-based ICT policy development
- Represent Facebook in all media, including on screen, radio and print
- Bachelor degree in Law, Development Studies, Economics, Public Policy, Technology, Engineering or a related field
- 8+ years of public policy experience in the field of Information Communications Technology (ICT)
- Experience working and/or living in multiple African countries
- Excellent judgment, communication and persuasive skills, creativity, perspective, and passion
- The ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- In-depth knowledge of public policy issues related to ICT Infrastructure development
- Superb written and oral communications skills (writing samples required)
- Fluency in both written and conversational English
- Fluency in an African language e.g. Kiswahili, Hausa, Pidgin, Wolof, Xhosa, Yoruba, Kenyang, Lingala, Shona, Twi, Ga
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply
Note: Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org