Commonwealth Correspondents are aspiring youth leaders or talented writers who contribute their articles, photos, and videos about local, national, and international issues to the YourCommonwealth.org website on a voluntary basis.
Each article is around 300 to 600 words in length, while videos are under five minutes. If an article needs further work to enhance it, the Correspondent will receive guidance from the editorial team to develop the article. The final draft of the article or video is then published on the website.
Selected correspondents will:
- Get a chance to write on global issues for an international platform;
- Interact with young people from the different cultural background;
- Be mentored and guided by experienced editors.
Each applicant must
- Be 15 – 29 years old. If you are under 18 years old, please ask a parent or guardian to email organisers and grant permission for you to participate;
- Be a national of a Commonwealth country even if you do not currently reside there;
- Attach two (2) writing samples of no more than 600 words each or a video of no more than 5 minutes in length;
- Attach a good quality headshot.
How To Apply
If your application is accepted, you will be required to
- Submit at least five contributions in the first year, and at least two in every subsequent year, to be considered active.
- Adhere to the Editorial Code of Conduct
For more information, visit Commonwealth Correspondents
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020