The YSEALI MAP is a program to advance the capacity of emerging conservation leaders and influencers in ASEAN to scale up or expand initiatives that improve regional cooperation and address maritime and inland waterway issues, such as illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing; river or marine ecosystem degradation; or marine debris.
Successful applicants to the YSEALI MAP will attend one virtual workshop in April and one in May, and an intensive in-person workshop in the Philippines in June. Participants will also get a chance to receive up to $2,000 in project grants to scale up and sustain their initiatives.
- Grow your ecosystem: Connect with like-minded seatizens, innovators, and experts from Southeast Asia and the United States.
- Project funding: Ten initiatives will receive up to $2,000 to scale up and support upcoming activities.
- Continue learning: Attend virtual workshops and an intensive in-person workshop to advance leadership skills.
- Create ripples of impact: Improve your initiatives to serve.
Applicants must be:
- Between 18-35 years old;
- Citizens and residents of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam.; and
- A YSEALI member. If you are not yet a member, register for free here.
- Apply as individuals or a team of up to three members; and
- Represent private entities (including startups and social enterprises), civil society organizations, or academic institutions.
Initiatives may be an online and/or offline campaign, a digital platform (web- or mobile-based), a for-profit enterprise, or a community-based project.
- Address marine and inland waterway issues in the region;
- Be at least six months old and a maximum of five years old by January 31, 2021; and
- Exhibit innovation, early social/scientific impact, and the potential to scale.
- Initiatives that have the potential to scale in the region and improve regional cooperation are preferred.
How To Apply
Application will close on January 31, 2021. Participants will be notified about the status of their application by mid-March 2021.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021