MTN Group Limited, formerly M-Cell, is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager: ATL Media
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 – 5 Years
Job Field: ICT / Computer, Media / Advertising / Branding
Mission/ Core Purpose of the Job
- To promote and strengthen the MTN brand through strategy, planning, budget optimisation and capability building of operating companies iro ATL media
- Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
The Senior Manager ATL Media will be accountable to achieve the following to objectives:
- Develop the ATL Media strategy in line with the overarching business goals
- Ensure effective implementation of the strategy at Manco and support the implementation in the OpCos by means of providing direction, structure, frameworks, models, plans and roadmaps
- Ensure the best allocation of funds through the various channels by measuring the success and analysing the return of investment and subscriber growth by the channels
- Measure the impact of ATL on overall marketing efforts to develop and improve planning
- Define the standards for performance across various activities and identify the parameters for measurement of performances
- Negotiate contracts and contract terms with channel partners in order to ensure optimal use of MTN funds
- Negotiate discount structures and rebates with channel partners to add value to MTN’s ATL contracts
- Ensure commitment to MTN contracts with the channel partners in the way that content is developed and the MTN message is delivered throughout the contract period
- Conduct post campaign reviews to determine if fund allocation was effective and reallocate funds as required
- Report on ATL performance and progress across the various channels and partners
- Consistently review competitive analyses to highlight opportunities and gaps for MTN Mission/ Core purpose of the Job Working closely with the MTN Executive
- Leadership Team and the Opco CEOs, the Executive: Group 1. Mission/ Core purpose of the Job To promote and strengthen the MTN brand through strategy, planning, budget optimisation and capability building of operating companies iro ATL media.
- Act as advisor to operating companies to enhance performance outcomes
- Provide training and build capability of media teams across the footprint.
- Lead the design of the end-to-end consumer journey and shopper path to drive conversion for relevant campaigns
- Responsible for connecting business and creative strategies within a consumer-centric ecosystem that leverage owned, earned, shared & paid touchpoints
- Lead the design and implementation of evolved path-to-purchases that take into account the trends and realities of consumer and competitive forces across markets in Africa
- Assist with the evaluation and selection of technology partners in the digital advertising, measurement and analytics spaces.
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Minimum of 4-year tertiary Business/Commercial/Marketing Degree
- Post-graduate degree an advantage (preferred)
- 7 – 11 years of relevant work experience in a global / multinational business environment (understanding of emerging markets advantageous)
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a supervisory / managerial role
- Experience in leading change / transformation (marketing) at an operational level advantageous
- Experience in continuous improvement through the implementation of best practices
- Experience in media optimisation and reporting
- Previous experience managing technical implementation of digital and mobile app analytics tools would be beneficial
- Certification in one or more commonly used analytics platforms is advantageous.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.