ReSurge International and the College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA), are collaborating on a short term (1-month) Exchange Programme for trainees currently undertaking training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and who wish to gain experience at another COSECSA accredited hospital within the ECSA Region. A maximum of 3 Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Trainees will be supported in the period May – December 2021.
The objectives of the exchange programme are:
- To promote the exchange of knowledge and surgical skills among trainees.
- To create equity of training in specific surgical specialties.
- To promote exchange of surgical leadership and management skills
- To improve access to surgery in the specific surgical disciplines.
- Improve the quality of training provided to the trainees in the COSECSA Region.
- Increase networking among the selected trainees and institutions.
The one-month Exchange Training Programme is funded by ReSurge International. The training will be conducted in another country at a COSECSA accredited Hospital/Training Site and will be administered through COSECSA and covers expenses towards:
- Host facilitation fee
- Travel costs
- Per diem
- Ground transport
- COVID tests
- Only plastic surgery trainees who have not yet received COSECSA exchange programme scholarships are eligible to apply.
The following hospitals are accredited for plastic surgery training:
- AIC Kijabe, including AIC-CURE International Children’s Hospital, Kenya
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CoRSU), Uganda
- Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital (QECH), Malawi
- University Teaching Hospital of Kigali (CHUK), Rwanda
- Mulago Hospital, Uganda
- Parirenyatwa Hospital, Zimbabwe
- University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka (UTH), Zambia
- Yekatit 12 Hospital, Ethiopia
- ALERT Hospital, Ethiopia
- Rwanda Military Hospital, Rwanda
- Soba University Hospital, Sudan
- Khartoum Teaching Hospital, Sudan
- Omdurman Teaching Hospital, Sudan
How To Apply
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating expected results or outcome, a current CV and a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the current accredited hospital.
- Indicate in the cover letter the preferred hospital of training.
Completed application should be sent to COSECSA scholarship committee through the following email: email@example.com
For more information, visit ReSurge-COSECSA
Application Deadline: March 30, 2021