For more than 30 years, the Paul Miller Washington Reporting Fellowship has introduced promising young(ish) Washington reporters to the city they have been assigned to cover.
For nine sessions in 2022, this one-day-a-month fellowship will give print, online and broadcast journalists from top news organizations an intensive and lively overview of reporting in the capital. Over the course of the year, fellows will learn more about the Pentagon, the Supreme Court, the Capitol and other key Washington institutions. They’ll review politics and policy with regulators, lawmakers, experts and the best reporters in the business. And they’ll network with colleagues who will help them grow personally and professionally.
They plan to start the year in-person but will change to online programming if COVID-19 developments dictate doing so. An orientation meeting is planned for the evening of January 24 and the first program session on February 7. Meetings are generally 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first Monday of the month; there will be a two-month break in the summer. In-person meetings will be held in their Dupont Circle office building. Attendance at all session days is mandatory.
- Open to print, online and broadcast journalists from top news organizations in the U.S.
- Fellows are expected to attend all session days. If accepted into the program, your editor will be required to submit a letter certifying that they will excuse you from deadline duties to attend all program days.
How To Apply
You will need:
- Two recent samples of your work.
- A letter of support from an editor or supervisor. (Or if you’re a freelancer, a letter from someone you’ve worked with in the past.)
- A brief, narrative autobiography.
- Be prepared to tell why you are interested in this program.
For more information, visit Paul Miller Washington Reporting Fellowship
Application Deadline: December 6, 2021
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.