SDG10 calls for reducing inequalities in income as well as those based on age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status within a country.
Asahi is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 10, to reduce inequalities within and among countries, with a focus on women’s rights and representation. They have partnered with the LEAD Network to help them increase the representation of women in their company.
The Challenge aims to connect with and support solutions that positively impact the wellbeing and future of vulnerable women in society by supporting and enabling them to feel like they belong through greater inclusion and representation in their community.
The challenge welcomes solutions from young innovators that either:
- Create equal access to opportunities for women for all social and economic backgrounds.
- Create an inclusive culture and environment for disabled women and women who are older.
- Engage employees in global volunteering initiatives to promote and support women in their local communities.
- Creating solutions for women who are impacted by alcohol-related issues personally and within their communities.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo from 16 to 19 May
- A US$50,000 grant from Asahi
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Asahi professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Solutions should be evidently aligned with the challenge;
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30;
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out;
- Product/service already in market or ready to go to market;
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills;
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable;
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract;
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
How To Apply
You cannot save draft responses for this application so it is recommended that you draft your responses in an offline document while you work on your application.
For more information, visit Lead2030.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.