GRAIN SA Agricultural Economist Internship 2021… Are you looking for a way to apply for the GRAIN SA Agricultural Economist Internship 2021? If yes, then this informative article is for you. You will be given detailed information about GRAIN SA Agricultural Economist Internship 2021 and How To Apply.
The organization would like to appoint a suitable, qualified person for 12 months in the following position: INTERN AGRICULTURAL ECONOMIST.
- Agricultural Economics degree
- Computer literate in all MS Office programmes on intermediate level
- Fully bilingual in English and Afrikaans (written and spoken language)
- In-depth knowledge of the grain industry
- Able to do public speaking to groups and to travel individually and extensively
- Professionalism with excellent communication skills
- Driver’s Licence.
The organization will offer a competitive salary in exchange for the services of the successful candidate.
All remuneration packages are calculated according to the “cost to company” method.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following key performance areas.
- Market Research: Maintain a market research database and relevant web information. Conducts input and market research analysis on grain and oilseeds in order to advise on grain and oilseed economic conditions Presentations to working groups, meetings, farmer days, and market research presentations to relevant stakeholders. Collecting of input costs and calculating enterprise budgets. A strong focus on member interest and solutions would be required.
- Advisory: Writing of articles, newsletters, and contributions to different media sources for publication. Compile and analyse comprehensive grain economic/market reports. Making projections and forecasts and interpret the findings for example supply and demand tables on grains. Attendance and presentations at farmer days. Administration: Proofread minutes of the working meetings and assisting the Committee Officer. Writing of reports, facilitating and arranging meetings.
- Information Sharing: Engage and liaise with relevant stakeholders in the grain industry/agriculture on agricultural policies. Assist members regarding concerns and challenges.
- Enquiries: Ensure service delivery through the handling of enquiries from the general public, financial institutions, research institutes, government officials, management, Grain SA members, etc
- Interdepartmental Support: Support to Senior Economists in the team and marketing team Various other duties are included and are available on request.
Candidates for this position will be recruited according to the Employment Equity policy for Grain SA.
All applications will be treated as confidential.
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The organization would like to appoint a suitable, qualified person for 12 months.
Please send a detailed CV indicating qualifications as well as experience and references not later than 21 June 2021 for attention: Coretha Usher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Monday, 21 June, 2021 – 12:00
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.