The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund supports sustainable water management in developing countries, among others by financing on-the-spot internships for students from developing countries who are studying in Belgium.
The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund takes into consideration an integrated approach to water management that includes technical and/or sociological aspects. The internship will take place in a developing country (the student’s country of origin or another country). It will be tied to a master’s thesis or an equivalent) and under the responsibility of the Belgian academic institution where the student is studying.
- The grant will cover the expenses inherent to the internship, up to a maximum of €5,000. About ten grants shall be awarded.
- Open to Students from developing countries who are pursuing a master’s level degree (master’s, specialisation master’s or a second bachelor’s degree) that is linked to water management.
- The internship, which should last 1 to 2 months, must take place between December 2021 and the end of August 2022.
- Objective: The internship is linked to the access to water or its management in developing countries and must be clearly part of the subject of the candidate’s end of year project
- Pertinence: The work undertaken by the candidate at local level and the results that emanate from this, deal with important local issues
- Capabilities: The budget requested must match the candidate’s needs. He/She must have sufficient resources to complete the internship under the required conditions
- Originality: The approach chosen by the candidate for his internship or the framework within which he is going to work have an innovative side. They are, in a certain way, different from the usual approaches or frameworks
- Impact: What will be realized during the internship brings real added value to the scientific approach that supports the end of year thesis
How To Apply
Download the detailed budget that has to be completed for your application form.
For more information, visit Elisabeth & Amelie Fund
Application Deadline: October 19, 2021
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.