Do you dream of joining Kenyatta University, but you did not pass your KCSE exams with flying colours, and then worry no more because you can choose the program of your choice from the list of D+ Courses in Kenyatta University.
Kenyatta University is a public University in Kenya known for producing the best graduates. It is one of the leading universities in East Africa. The university prides itself on providing high-quality courses that attract individuals who wish to be globally competitive. Its motto is Transforming Higher Education: Enhancing Lives.
How To Enroll In Kenyatta University
Application for admission into the university is done online via the student portal. Here is a list of requirements for enrolling into the institution;
- Proof of payment, either M-Pesa Ref No. or Bank deposit slip.
- Ensure you have met the minimum entry requirements for the selected program.
- Academic certificates.
- Passport photo.
- Identification documents, birth certificate, identification card, or passport.
How To Submit Your Application
Here is a step by step procedure on how to submit your application:
- Visit the online admissions tab and create an account if you do not have one
- Fill in your personal details, then click save and continue.
- Choose the program you intend to pursue. First, choose the mode of study, e.g., digital school, regular, IBP, etc. before selecting the program. i.e., certificate, diploma, or degree.
- Proceed to the next tab, which will require you to choose the type of program and the campus.
- Proceed to the academic profile section. This section requires you to fill in educational details.
- In the first part, fill in the details of the secondary school you attended and the years you attended. In case you attended more than one secondary school, click on add more schools and fill in the details of the other schools.
- The second part requires you to upload files to the system. You should begin by uploading a passport-sized photo of yourself, and then proceed to upload a copy of your national ID or birth certificate. The next part requires you to upload copies of your academic certificates.
- Click on the agree button. By clicking on the small button besides agree, you declare that the information you have provided is true. Proceed by clicking save and next.
- Go to the payment section. Choose the mode of payment by clicking on offline payment. For offline payment, simply enter the details of the bank you deposited the fee. In the upload receipt section, upload a scanned copy of the bank deposit slip.
- You will receive a message at this stage that you have successfully completed your application. You can download a copy of the whole document by clicking on the download pdf button.
Certificate Courses In Kenyatta University
So, which certificate courses are offered at Kenyatta University? There are several certificate courses you can enroll in if you meet the minimum entry requirements. It should be noted that the minimum entry requirement for any certificate course is a C- in KSCE or its equivalent. However, there are a few certificate courses you can enroll in with a D+. Here are the certificate courses that one can enroll in:
- Certificate in Sports Administration and Management
- Certificate in early childhood Development
- Certificate in Security and Correctional Science
- Intensive English Certificate
- Certificate in French
- Certificate in German
- Certificate in Japanese
- Certificate in Chinese Language and Culture
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Hospitality and Management
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Certificate in Tourism Studies
- Certificate in Nutrition and Health
- Certificate in Disaster Management
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Crime Management and Prevention
- Certificate in School Management
- Certificate in Public Relations
- Certificate in Guidance and Counseling.
It is important to note that the Certificate in Sports Management and Administration is the only certificate course offered by the university which gives you the option of taking online classes.
D+ Courses In Kenyatta University
Which course can I do with a D+? Fortunately, there are several D+ courses at Kenyatta University, which you can enroll in if you scored a D+ in KCSE. Here is a list of courses that you can enroll in:
1. Certificate in PC Hardware & Software Maintenance
The minimum entry requirements for this course are a minimum of D+ (plus) in KCSE. In addition, you need to have scored at least D (plain) in Mathematics and English.
2. Certificate in Introduction to IoT & Introduction to Cybersecurity
This course’s minimum entry requirements are at least D+ (plus) KCSE mean grade, and D (plain) in Mathematics and English.
3. CCNA Networking
To qualify for this program, you need to have scored a minimum of D+ in your KCSE with at least D plain in Mathematics and English. Computer use proficiency is an additional requirement. The course duration is 4-6 weeks.
4. Cyber Security Essentials
You need a minimum grade of D+ in KCSE or its equivalent with at least a D plain in Mathematics and Physics to enroll for this course. Computer use proficiency is an additional requirement. The course duration is four weeks.
5. Programming Essentials
The minimum entry requirements for this course are a minimum of D+ (plus) in KCSE. You need to have scored at least D (plain) in Mathematics and Physics. Computer use proficiency is an additional requirement. The course duration is 4 – 6 weeks.
6. Certificate of Proficiency in Chinese Language and Culture
This course’s minimum entry requirements are a minimum of D+ (plus) in KCSE or its equivalent. The duration of the course is one semester, and you can choose between full-time and part-time classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions on the subject of D+ courses in Kenyatta University:
Can I Do Nursing With A D+?
The minimum entry requirement into the Nursing School is a mean grade of C+ in KCSE or its equivalent. Kenyatta University also offers an upgrading program for nurses who have a valid practice license from the Nursing Council of Kenya and who scored a mean grade of C plain in their KCSE. This means that you cannot do nursing with a D+ in Kenyatta University.
Which Certificate Course Is Best?
Certificate in Business Administration is one of the most marketable certificate courses offered at Kenyatta University. With this certificate, you can work in many fields, such as customer care and administration.
This course has always been in demand because every organization will always need a person to oversee the customer care or administration department. You could also work as a customer service representative, a personal assistant, and a receptionist.
There you have it. A complete list of all the D+ courses at Kenyatta University. If you scored a D+ in your KCSE, you can enroll in one of the above courses. Simply log in to the student portal and submit your application. Wait for your application to be approved so that you can kickstart your career.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.