CSIR Doctoral Studentship Programme 2021… Are you looking for a way to apply for CSIR Doctoral Studentship Programme 2021? If yes, then this informative article is for you. You will be given detailed information about CSIR Doctoral Studentship Programme 2021 and How To Apply.
The CSIR has a Doctoral Studentship opportunity in the Emerging Digital Technologies for Fourth Industrial Revolution (EDT4IR) Research Centre, within the Next Generation Enterprises and Institutions Cluster.
Doctoral Studentship: Internet of Things (IoT)
The Doctoral student needs to conduct original research in Materials Physics and Micro and Nano systems for Internet of Things technologies. This opportunity is based in Pretoria.
- A Master’s degree in physics, electronic physics, materials or electronic engineering;
- Good knowledge and experience in both computational and experimental physics;
- Adequate knowledge of semiconductor and device physics;
- Expertise in hands-on running of materials characterisation, either electron microscopy (SEM, TEM), X-ray instruments (XRD, XRF), or optical instruments (UV-Vis, FTIR, PL etcetera.);
- Knowledge of any Computer Aided Design (CAD) software is desirable;
- Experience in the use of semiconductor fabrication instruments (e-beam or photo lithography, for example) will be advantageous;
- The ability to generate research questions and hypotheses: Review, critique and synthesize a body of research, identify significant gaps in knowledge, identify appropriate methods, and study subjects to develop research questions and testable hypotheses;
- Effectively communicate issues, research findings, and implications of research verbally and in writing to appropriate professional and public audiences;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who takes ownership, initiative, and with a willingness to learn;
- The ability to work well under pressure both as part of a team and independently;
- Good programming skills in related software, preferably Python/C++/MATLAB;
- Good knowledge of Smart Grid systems and other enabling technologies, particularly Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence;
- A good peer-reviewed publication record will be advantageous.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must attach the following documents:
- An abstract of research statement/philosophy (maximum two pages) that highlights the problem statement, research questions, research objectives and expected outputs/outcomes/impact of the research;
- Certified copies of the applicant’s latest academic results or transcript;
- Certified copies of tertiary qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae;
- If applicable, proof of registration from the university or a confirmation letter from the university supervisor that she/he is willing to be involved in the candidate supervision.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 15 June, 2021 – 12:00
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.