Are you looking for the Full List Of C- And D+ Courses Offered At Kenya Utalii College? If yes, then this informative article is for you. You will be given detailed information about the Full List Of C- And D+ Courses Offered At Utalii College 2021.
Utalii College was established over 48 years ago and offers various courses that provide graduates with a diploma and certificate awards. These programs vary from year to year according to industry requirements.
If you have recently completed your secondary education, better explore the programs offers at Utalii College to find the most suitable for your grade.
D+ Courses In Utalii College
Utalii College offers some of the best diploma and certificate courses in Kenya, and it is a member of the three African EUHOFA (International Association of Hotel Schools). This is a prestigious union of hotel school directors and deans of hospitality colleges and universities globally.
If you scored at least a D in your KCSE (Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education), you could get a good course at Utalii College. What course can a D+ student take?
Food Production Apprenticeship Program
The Food Production and Apprenticeship course is a two-and-a-half-year certificate program that offers specialized training in cuisine. It is one of the best Utalii college certificate courses to pursue if you are looking to improve your cooking skills and join the best institutions in the hospitality industry.
- An aggregate of a D+ in KCSE.
- Minimum grade of C- in English, and D plain in Mathematics.
- Interested applicants also ought to possess at least two years of working experience in a reputable hotel/ restaurant. They must present nomination forms obtainable from the employer endorsed by the Human Resource Manager or Executive Chef.
The course is for industry employees working in the kitchen and offers essential on-the-job training under supervision for the period spent at the college. Therefore, after completion, successful candidates can fulfil various roles in the food and hospitality industry.
Possible job opportunities include corporate chef, bakery outlets, events and catering, food chain markets, and many more. That is why it is one of the best D+ courses at Utalii College.
C- Programs At Utalii College
If you scored a C- in your KCSE, Utalii College cooking courses and others might be right for you. The college has many programs that interested candidates can go for and start impressive careers with proper remuneration.
Certificate In Front Office Operations
The Certificate in Front Office Operations is ideal for candidates looking to work in a hotel as a receptionist, reservation officer, relations officer, cashier, and front office auditors. It equips learners with the appropriate skills during the one-and-a-half years of study. It also includes a three months attachment at various hotels in the country.
- C- aggregate grade in KCSE, C- in English and Mathematics, and D+ in Business Studies.
- Graduates of Kenya Utalii College’s short courses like Receptionist Techniques with a Distinction or 2nd Division at credit.
Graduates have open opportunities in the hospitality service industry as cashiers, telephone operators, front office accounts auditor, and much more.
Food And Beverage Service And Sales
The Food and Beverage Service and Sales course that involves practical training at the demonstration restaurant takes one and a half years to complete. The college ordinarily has three intakes – January, May, and September.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education C- aggregate.
- A minimum qualification of C- in the English language or any other relevant equivalent qualification.
- 3rd Division at O level or its equivalent in English and a pass in Mathematics.
Successful graduates from this course can get employed as waiters, captains in hotels, restaurants, shipping airlines, and other catering organizations.
Certificate In Food Production
The hospitality industry’s most significant niche is food production, so the Certificate in Food Production is one of the best. One can go for one and a half years for the full-time program or add a year for the apprenticeship program. It is integral that you ascertain you meet the Utalii College qualifications for this course before submitting your application.
- KCSE C- mean grade with C- in English, C- in Mathematics, D+ in Home Science, or any other equivalent qualification from Utalii College.
- Individuals with short course qualifications in Kitchen Operations Techniques/Cake Making and Decorations/Pastry and Bakery with Distinction or Credit can also apply.
Graduates are employed in hotels and restaurants where they fulfil various cooking roles. The airline industry is also a good employer for individuals with this qualification.
Housekeeping And Laundry Course
Although the Housekeeping and Laundry course is not amongst D+ courses in Utalii College, it is one of the most sought after considering the massive openings. It equips students with essential skills in housekeeping and laundry operations.
- KCSE aggregate C-, English C- or any other equivalent qualification.
- 3rd Division at O level or its equivalent with a credit in English and a pass in Mathematics.
Graduates can work entry-level supervision positions in various sectors of the hospitality and tourism industry. This includes airlines, restaurants, hospitals, entertainment, and leisure properties, among many more.
Tourism Guiding And Administration
The Tourism and Guiding Administration program is one of the best Utalii College certificate courses for travel and tour consultants. It takes one and a half years to complete the entire program.
- C- in KCSE with C- in English and D+ in History/ Geography or any other relevant qualification.
- KUC graduate of 6 months in Travel Agency Techniques with a Distinction or Credit.
Successful students can work in car hire firms, lodges, and any other tourism-related company in the industry.
Certificate In Travel Operations
The Certificate in Travel Operations is a one-and-a-half-year course with a 3-months industrial attachment period. It equips students with relevant aptitudes in the travel and tour consultant industry niche.
- KCSE mean grade C- with C- in English, D+ in Mathematics or Geography.
- Utalii College graduate of 6 months Travels Agency Techniques with a Distinction or Credit.
A certificate and Travel Operations graduate is employable in various industry sectors, including airlines, travel agencies, tour companies and more.
C Plain Courses At Utalii College
One of the most extraordinary things about Utalii college courses is that it is available for different grades. If you earned a KCSE aggregate C, you could qualify for any of the following courses.
Diploma In Hotel Management
The Diploma in Hotel Management course takes three years to complete and equips students with sound knowledge in hospitality facilities management. Even better, students are attached to Utalii Hotel to gain practical experience.
- KCSE mean grade C, English C+, and Mathematics/ Business Studies C-. Any other equivalent Kenya Utalii College course (provided they passed with Distinction or Credit)
Graduates earn relevant skills required in hotels as supervisors or departmental managers. They are also employable in other institutions that offer catering and hospitality services.
Travel And Tourism Management
The Travel and Tourism Management course is suitable for students looking to work in the travel and tourism industry.
- KCSE aggregate C, English C+, and Mathematics or Geography C- and any other relevant qualification.
- Utalii College graduates of one and half year or two-year certificate courses may apply as long as they got a Distinction or Credit.
Graduates can work in the airline industry, travel agencies, tour companies, car hire firms, and other travel firms servicing the tourism and hospitality industry.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.