Are you thrilled by the creative arts and design you see on cakes? If yes, then Schools for baking should be your first point of consideration as they will teach you all sorts of creative hacks and methods to create masterpieces.
If you want to join the culinary arts field either as a passion or career, you should consider taking a course in baking and pastry arts. A much as you might find yourself to be super-talented in this sector, taking some professional classes will help you acquire paramount skills such as business acumen, organization, and cleanliness. Baking and pastry arts training will help you in achieving all these relevant skills that will make you successful in the food sector.
Best Schools for Baking and Pastry Arts in Kenya
1. Kenya Utalii College
If you are looking for the best baking classes, consider attending Kenya Utalii College. The institute was established close to 50 years ago and ever since then, it has been producing the best locally and internationally-skilled hospitality graduates.
Some of the culinary arts-related courses offered at the institute include:
- Certificate in Food production done in one and a half years.
- Certificate in Food Production Apprenticeship done in two years
- Certificate in Food and Beverage Service and Sales.
The institute has three branches, Mombasa, Kisumu, and Nairobi. Here are Kenya Utalii College main campus contacts:
- Main Campus Location: Off Thika Road
- Telephone Number: +254 722 205 491 or +254 722 205 492 or +254 733 600 584
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The school fees charges vary depending on the course one is undertaking.
2. Boma International Hospitality College
Boma International Hospitality College is one of the top baking and pastry schools in Kenya that operates in conjunction with the renowned Business and Hotel Management School (BHMS). The college is widely known for its excellence in hospitality training.
Students from this institute get the chance to work as interns in high-class restaurants such as Dusit D2, Boma Hotel, Raddison Blu, Kempinski, and Serena, among others.
There are three annual intakes in Boma College, which happens in January, May, and September. Some of the main courses offered here are:
- Diploma in Culinary Arts.
- Certificate in Food and Beverage Operations.
- Short courses in international cookery, which include Certificate in Food and Beverage Service Techniques and a Certificate in Pastry and Bakery.
Prospective students who wish to join this college should get in touch with the institute using the contacts below:
- Location: Red Cross Road, Nairobi
- Telephone Number: +254 719 050 550 or +254 719 050 540
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Although the amount of fees paid depends on the courses undertaken, the annual tuition fee for the students is Ksh. 516, 000.
3. Amari Baking Center
Amari Baking Center is one of the renowned institutes in offering first-class training session in catering and cake baking. The school also provides intermediate and advanced baking courses for individuals who are ready to advance their baking and pastry beyond what is considered basic skills.
Some of the courses offered here are:
- Basic Cake Making and Decoration
- Intermediate Cake Making and Decoration
- Advanced Cake Making and Decoration
- Basic Bread, Cookie-making, and Pastries
- Intermediate Bread, Cookie-making, and Pastries
For the individuals who are not in a position to physically attend the classes, they can opt to join the online class option. This makes Amari Baking Center the leading baking and pastry schools online.
Below is the contact information for this baking center:
- Location: Ndwaru Road, Riruta, Nairobi
- Telephone Numbers: 0701 796 688
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The charges at Amari Baking Center are as follows:
- Short courses – Ksh. 8, 500
- Basic Cake Making and Decorating course – Ksh. 16, 500
- Intermediate cake making and Decoration – Ksh. 17, 500
- Advanced Cake Making and Decoration – Ksh. 36, 500
4. Air Travel and Related Courses Studies Centre
Air Travel and Related Courses Studies Centre is one of the best baking and pastry colleges that offer courses in international languages, hospitality, travel, airport operations, and tourism, and cabin crew.
Some of the benefits that the students get to enjoy while studying at this institute include full board accommodation, guaranteed attachment opportunities, and visits to the various five-star hotel in the country.
Some of the courses offered at Air Travel and Related Courses Studies Centre are:
- International Food Production completed in two years.
- International Pastry and Bakery Production completed in one year.
- International Food and Beverage Service completed in one year.
Here are the contacts to this institute:
- Location: Rhino Park Road, Karen
- Telephone Numbers: 0733 604 139 or +254 721 380 590
- Email Address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The amount of money charged as school fees varies depending on the course you are undertaking. Interested individuals are advised to contact the institute for information on the school fees charges.
5. Nairobi College of Bread and Confectionery Technology
Nairobi College of Bread and Confectionery Technology is one of the best baking schools in Nairobi known to offer various baking and pastries skills at a very affordable rate.
The two main courses offered here are:
- Cake, Bread, and Pastry
- Baking and Confectionery Technology
If you would wish to enroll in either of the two sessions, you can contact the institute via the address below.
- Postal Address: 73448-00200
- Location: 1st Floor, National Housing Corporation Building, Nairobi Kenya
- Telephone Numbers: 020 350 4453 or 0722 237 181 or 0707 699 167
- Email Address: email@example.com
The amount of fee charges varies from one program to another. Therefore, for more details on the school fees and account numbers, contact the admissions office.
6. Valentine Cake House
Valentine Cake House is one of the leading culinary schools in Kenya with its branches in Nairobi and other parts of the country, such as Mombasa and Nakuru.
Some of the courses undertaken at Valentine Cake House together with the amount of fees paid for each:
- Basic Cake Making and Decoration – Ksh. 20,000
- Intermediate Cake Making and Decoration – Ksh. 23, 000
- Advanced Cake Making and Decoration – Ksh. 23,000
- Master Cake Making and Decoration – Ksh. 23, 000
- Baking and Pastry short courses that last for one week – Ksh. 10, 000
Here is the institution’s contact information:
- Headquarters Location: 3rd Floor, Old Mutual Building, Kimathi Street
- Telephone Numbers: 0721 266 635 or 0711 305 588 or 0722 794 414
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. International Hotel and Tourism Institute
International Hotel and Tourism Institute is another great culinary school located in Nairobi that was started in mid-2015. Some of the core values which the school seeks to instill in its learners include integrity, excellence, professionalism, collaboration, and responsibility.
The courses offered at this institute are accredited by the Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC), thus giving its students the relevant leverage in the competitive and ever-growing hospitality industry. The intakes are done thrice per year, in January, May, and September.
You can contact the institute via the following:
- Physical Address: P.0 Box 43111-00100 Nairobi
- Location: Nyeri Road, Kileleshwa
- Phone Number: +254 711 129 610 or 0728 787 088
- Email Address: email@example.com
The annual school charge for BTEC Higher National Diploma is Ksh. 343,000.
8. Top Chefs Culinary Institute
Top Chefs Culinary Institute is one of the leading baking schools in Nairobi, which prides in the production of highly-skilled individuals in the hospitality industry.
Some of the courses offered at this institute are:
- Chefs Diploma is undertaken for two years and six months internship.
- Pastry and Bakery Diploma
Below is the contact information for this college.
Location: 5th Floor Parklands Plaza, Muthithi Road, Westlands
Physical Address: P.O Box 740- 00606
Telephone Numbers: +254 700 691 427 or 020 374 0166
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School fees charges at Top Chefs Culinary Institute are as follows:
Gaining skills in baking and pastry arts is a fantastic choice for anyone passionate about baking and decorating all sorts of pastries. If you want to become a part of the most lucrative businesses in the hospitality sector, why not enroll in one of the above schools for baking and pastry arts in the country?
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.