The ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC), in partnership with the Korean Association of Southeast Asian Studies (KASEAS), Universiti Brunei Darussalam, and Seoul National University Asia Center, invites undergraduate and graduate students of ASEAN and Korea nationalities to join the 2021 ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest.
Applicants may write on one of the following three themes:
- The role of youth in promoting mutual understanding between ASEAN and Korea towards a sustainable and future-oriented ASEAN-Korea partnership;
- Strengthening ASEAN-Korea partnership in overcoming COVID-19 and building back better for greater prosperity in the region; or
- Strengthening ASEAN-Korea cooperation in mitigating the impact of climate change and promoting sustainable development in the Mekong region.
- Grand Prize (1 awardee): KRW 2,500,000
- Second Prize (2 awardees): KRW 1,500,000
- Third Prize (2 awardees): KRW 1,000,000
- Special Recognition (5 awardees): KRW 500,000
- Undergraduates and graduates of ASEAN and Korean nationality may participate;
- Submissions must be endorsed by an academic advisor (professor or lecturer);
- Applicants can submit as an individual or as a team (consisting up to 2 students). For team entries, all members must meet the eligibility to participate in the contest.
- Both the essay and the abstract should be written in English only.
How To Apply
Essay submissions can be made until Sunday, November 14, 2021 (KST).
For more information, visit ASEAN-Korea Contest.
Application Deadline: November 14, 2021
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.