The 23rd ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU23) is a Hackathon for young Asians & Europeans on “Liveable Cities for a Sustainable Future”. ASEFSU23 connects young hackers, designers, innovators, urban planners and SDG experts from 51 countries to collaborate & develop urban solutions in three of the most populated countries in ASEM: Bangladesh, India & Pakistan.
The Hackathon includes three phases:
- Pre-hack (October 11-29, 2021): Ideation, including challenge definition, knowledge building & stakeholder engagement
- Hackathon (November 12-14, 2021): Prototype Development with Experts Mentoring
- Post-hack (up to 3 months post-Hackathon): Prototype Testing and possible implementation, including mentoring & collaboration with partners
ASEFSU23 Hackathon Challenges
ASEFSU23 Hackathon Teams will tackle one of three interdisciplinary urban challenges, linking SDG11 with other socio-economic issues that are part of the UN Agenda2030:
- Bangladesh (SDG11, SDG12 & SDG13): Creating Clean Cities: Tackling Urban Waste Management
- India (SDG3 & SDG11): Creating Healthy Cities: Tackling Obesity among Children
- Pakistan (SDG4, SDG8 and SDG11): Creating Accessible Cities: Enhancing Urban Mobility
- Sustainable Impact: Play your role towards Sustainable Urbanisation and transform your ideas into concrete urban solutions in Bangladesh, India & Pakistan.
- Award: Winning country teams will receive mentoring by tech companies for further development of the prototype, certified training opportunities for digital leadership or digital perks.
- Training and Certification: Get trained on Sustainable Urbanisation & SDG11 and receive a certification of participation by all partners. You can also enrol in a unique training and receive up to 10 academic credits from University College Cork (UCC).
- Network: Build up your network of innovators & experts for future partnerships & collaborations.
- A Citizen of one of the 51 ASEM Countries;
- A Young Professional or Student between 18-30 years;
- A programmer, creator, designer, innovator, developer, entrepreneur, communicator or more, and feel that your skillset can be used to solve the challenges;
- Enthusiastic to work with an interdisciplinary, intercultural team from Asia & Europe;
- Keen to learn more about Sustainable Urbanisation in Bangladesh, India & Pakistan.
How To Apply
The deadline for application is Sunday, 3 October 2021, 23:59 UTC.
For more information, visit ASEF
Application Deadline: October 3, 2021
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.